Renting a property
- When you are looking for a property make sure you do your own research to know what you can get for your money. Similar properties can be priced differently so it is important to get a feel for what a good price is.
- Use the real estate websites to your advantage and register yourself for their automatic email updates. It is simple, it is free and it works!
- Make yourself known to property managers and leasing consultants. It is their job to match tenants to properties, so the more they know about what you are looking for, the more likely they will be able to help you. A good property manager or leasing consultant will add your details to their own database of tenants seeking properties and call you when something becomes available.
- Avoid missing open-for-inspections as Melbourne’s rental market is currently still strong and it is common for properties to be leased after the first viewing.
- It is important to arrive on time for both private appointments and open-for-inspections as most agents manage their own time well and book consecutive appointments. This means that arriving late eats in to your own time for viewing the property.
View Home Guide For Tenants